...we stand for child protection....are you ??
There are a number of facts to know about India's physically and the underprivileged children, the child sex workers who work on a commercial basis, the girl child, the mentally challenged children and those involved in child labour.
- Out of one thousand Indian born children around seventy of them die before completing one year.
- respiratory infection in its most acute form is experienced in one child out of 100 children between zero to fourteen years of age in Indija.
- malnourishment is common amongst at least fifty percent of the children in India.
- Hardly fifty percent of children between 6 to 18 years of age have gone to school.
- Out of 10 children, one is disabled in the country.
- At the time of birth around twenty-three percent of the children are below average weight.
- Approximately eighty percent of child labour is involved in agricultural work.
- In-India more than sixty percent children and out of three women, one woman is found to be anaemic.
- Even before attaining four years of age, sexual abuse takes place In one out of four girls.
- Each year, five lakh children are forced into the sex trade to work as sex workers.
- Due to discrimination in gender, one of every sixth girl child has to face death.
- Each year as a comparison to boys, three lakh girls die in India.
- In India, around 25% of the children below eighteen years are victimized by sexual exploitation on a commercial basis.
- Around ninety percent of the children work in the rural regions of Inda.
- The risk of abuse and violence is faced by a large number of physically and mentally challenged girls.
- illiteracy is seen in 53% of the girls between the age group of five to nine years of age.
- As per official estimates, 17 million children are found working and out of these at least eighty percent are found working in the five Indian metropolitan cities.
- Illiteracy prevails in 71% of these children.
- Three percent of children forced into the sex trade are challenged physically and mentally.
...we save children....will you ??